Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekly Menu!

Here is what we had for supper last week.  I am still trying to figure out the best way to do this so bear with me. This is a list of day by day what we had for supper. I have some of the recipes on my site, if you would like more please let me know.


Weekly Menu

·     Monday – Chicken Taco’s.

I put five large chicken breast in the crock pot along with one envelope of McCormick Grill mates Mexican Fiesta Marinade and about ¼ cup of water.  I cooked this on high for 4-5 hours depending on the size of your chicken breasts, this can cook longer if needed, so you could put them in on low before work and should be done in 8 hrs. The chicken should shred very easily.  I shred the chicken and fill tortillas with lettuce, cheese, salsa, onion, jalapenos and whatever you like.  My whole family ate this and they all love it.  I find if I let my kids make their own they will be more likely to try some of the things in their wrap because they want to have more toppings in their tortilla than their brother or sister.

·         Nacho’s

I used the leftover chicken and I had a can of nacho cheese so I made everyone nacho’s.  My kids only wanted chips and cheese but for me and husband we basically put everything on them.  This is great because my one and a half year old likes to dunk his chips in the cheese so this makes it so my husband and I could actually eat without trying to catch what he is throwing on the floor.

·    Wednesday- Pizza Subs

I took two loafs of French bread that come in the can and put them on a baking sheet seam side down and brushed them with a mixture of 1 egg white and 1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning (doing this adds so much flavor to the bread). Then I baked them according to the package directions.  When golden brown remove from oven allow to cooling slightly, turn loaf on side cutting a slit from end to end be careful not to go all the way through to the bottom. Then slightly pull bread apart to stuff.  Then you can stuff it with whatever you like on a pizza. I had pizza sauce, pepperoni, turkey sausage, a bag of frozen 3 pepper and onion blend from Kroger, mushrooms and last but not least mozzarella cheese.  Place subs back into oven until warm and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Then I cut into pieces and that’s it.  They are so good, to make my pizza sauce I just take a jar of spaghetti sauce and add some garlic powder and a little sugar to it ( I always add a little sugar to spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce).



·     Thursday – Pork Chops, Potatoes Au Gratin, and peas.

I just used some good ol shake and bake on my chops and for my daughter who does not like shake and bake I used a little butter and salt. If you do not like shake and bake I also marinate my pork chops in some McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle Pepper or Peppercorn Garlic marinade.  These are very good; my favorite is the Chipotle Pepper.  These are in the aisle at the store with all the envelopes of seasonings and gravy mixes. They normally run around a $1.00 each.


·     Friday- Hamburgers, Mac and cheese and baked potatoes. 

For the hamburgers I use 80/20 hamburger and I season them with Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning.  Love it… just saying. For buns I used the Flat Out Hungry Girl Fold It Sliders Classic White.  They were so good. My kids even ate their burger on them. I used them because my husband and I am participating in a weight loss challenge called Wells Weighs In and I am trying to watch what we eat, but if you want a bun by all means eat them on a bun. The Mac and cheese was out of a box because my kids love it and I didn’t have time to make the homemade version. 



So this is what we ate last week.  I will post more soon.  I was even thinking of doing kids lunch ideas. Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment