Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

I was a little scared to make this recipe.... breakfast casserole in the crock pot???? But I am very glad I did and I think that is the only way I will make it. I made this Saturday night to be ready for breakfast Sunday.  I love finding easy breakfast recipes to have Sunday before church.  I absolutly love this recipe and using the crock pot.  It was very easy and soooo good.  Everyone ate it, well my daughter Lily did not like the peppers in it so she ate around them.  I highly recommend this for breakfast especially if you have company or just for your family. Enjoy!!



Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

1 lb sausage or any breakfast meat

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 bag of shredded frozen hashbrowns or you could use the simple potatoes one bag ( I used simply potatoes)

1 cup milk

12 eggs

1/2 cup to 3/4 cup three pepper and onion frozen blend in the freezer section (you could use fresh)

Salt  to taste

Pepper to taste

1 1/2  tsp garilc powder if you like

First spray your slow cooker with a non stick pray, make sure it is well coated.  Cook your choice of breakfast meat,drain off excess grease ( I used fully cooked Jimmy Dean turkey sausage in the package, I used the whole package)  In the same pan saute the peppers and onions until tender.  (I used frozen and skipped this step). Mix the vegetables and meat and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed, then dump in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8- 10 hours.  Mine only took 8 hrs.


Side Note:  I used egg beaters instead of eggs and turkey sausage and made this a low calorie and low weight watchers points.  mine came out to 2.5 points per serving.... you can't beat that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment