Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Smoky Chicken Fettuccini..yum..yum...

I make this all the time for my family.  The kids love it and even the picky one will take her two bits without even a gag. I Think that is how you spell gag..lol... Well I am making this today for my family.  I will make bread sticks to go with it that way my youngest will have something to hold and keep him busy, well that is before he trows all his food on the floor, you gotta love that stage right? I hope you make this and enjoy it!  I didn't have a picture but trust me it is wonderful and if you do not like peas you don't have to use them and it is just as good trust me.

Smoky Chicken Fettuccini
 
  • 8 oz fettuccini, broken in half
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 coarsely chopped bell pepper
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 2 oz grated smoked Provolone cheese... I use the whole package of slices in the deli cheese section about 8 slices.
  • 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley

Cook pasta according to package directions. Add peas to pasta; drain.
Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Drain grease from skillet. Do not wipe out.
Thinly slice garlic. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper to skillet. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add pasta, peas, bacon, chicken, half and half, cheese, black pepper, and salt to skillet; toss well to coat. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and mixture is hot. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment