Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies!

Here is a great recipe to make for holidays or just for a treat.  I made these for my Girl Scouts and they were so easy to make.  I had my son help with the cookie part and my daughter help with the filling.  I made these red velvet but you can use any cake mix you like.... I think lemon would be great. You can also use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes and then put the filling in them.  I hope you enjoy!!










Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
All you need is

1 Box red velvet cake mix*
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix ingredients until combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart. I used a small Pampered Chef scoop.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you use the small scoop only bake for 5 -6 min.
  • Cool.

Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1lb. Box of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

  • In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
  • Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.

Makes about 24 cookies or 12 cookie sandwiches

* Any cake mix should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment