Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yummy King Ranch Chicken Casserole!!!

     I want to start off by saying, I was very pleased to hear there were some people that missed my post yesterday!!!! Yesterday was a rough day, I was trying to switch over my 3 kids summer clothes to winter clothes.... This is such a big job, first I had to go through all their clothes form last year , and then BEG them to try them on....lol....  any moms out there know what fun that is..... Well I had a lot of clothes that needed to be washed and of course... the washer went out.... it is only 5 years old...  so as you can see it was a rough day.  So we had Dairy Queen for dinner.  Well I determined that today will be better!!  So tonight we will be having a yummy King Ranch Casserole.  It is a Mexican style casserole and it is so good!!! I am telling you I really love this dish!!


King Ranch Casserole

·         2 cups chopped cooked chicken

·         1 can cream of mushroom soup

·         1 can cream of chicken soup

·         1 frozen pkg veggies (3 pepper & onion blend)

·         1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chili’s

·         1 tsp chili powder

·         1 tsp garlic salt

·         12 (6 inch) corn tortillas’

·         2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican style cheese

     Preheat oven to 350, stir together the first 7 ingredients. Cut tortillas into 1 inch strips, layer one third of tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 9 X13 inch baking dish.  Top with one- third of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of cheese.  Repeat layers twice.  Bake at 350 for 32 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment