Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

1st Day of Fall Soup!

     Well it is the first day of fall and I thought a recipe for soup who be appropriate.  First I thought I could go with chili but I am not in a chili mood yet, so taco soup it is.  This recipe has many variations, one of them being a weight watchers version, well I have my own version.  The first time I got this recipe it had no meat in it, and while it is wonderful that way, if I made would have made this for dinner with no meat, well lets just say Adam would not be happy, he is not a vegetarian that is certain.  Be sure to read the options in this recipe and make it the way that works best for you.  I hope you enjoy and Happy Fall!!

Taco Soup


How to make it

Brown meat & onions and drain. Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat. Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture. Simmer 1 hour or you can put it all in the crock pot and let it simmer on low for a couple hours.

**** Options****  I add a can of diced chili’s to mine and 2 cans of chili beans instead of the pinto beans.  I also use the fire roasted diced tomatoes just to add more flavor and color.  Before I serve this I add a little shredded cheese on top and some of those tortilla strips that you buy in the grocery store next to the croutons…. Makes all the difference….




No comments:

Post a Comment