Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Southwestern Pizza Con Queso!!

    
You would not believe how simple and good this recipe is. I make it all the time and every time I eat it I think maybe we should have made two. (It’s that good!) Sometimes I have the pre cooked chicken that comes in the bag already diced in the fridge and then I of course use the 3 peppers and onion frozen bag of veggies from Kroger and just heat it all up in the microwave with the seasoning and then top the pizza. If I do this way it is ready to go in the oven within 5 min. You can substitute the southwestern seasoning with taco seasoning if you want. To be honest my daughter would not eat this because she is a strictly cheese pizza kind of gal, so I pop a frozen cheese pizza in the oven for her, and because I want the leftovers for lunch the next day, so I go ahead and give into the frozen pizza. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy!



Southwestern Pizza Con Queso

from 29 Minutes to Dinner Volume 2 (Pampered Chef cookbook)

1 prebaked thin crust pizza crust
8 oz. cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 small red bell pepper
1 small green bell pepper
1 small red onion
2 Tbsp. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2/3 cup prepared Monterey Jack salsa con queso dip
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend


Slice peppers and onion and toss with seasoning mix to coat. Add this veggie mixture to skillet (coated with the oil) and cook 2 - 3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken and cook 1 minute more or until heated through.

Spread salsa con queso dip over crust. Top evenly with chicken/veggie mixture then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 7 - 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment