Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wonderful and yummy Drip Beef Subs!!

Hello everyone!  I have not posted in a while and am glad to be back posting.  I want to share with you a recipe that I made Monday night and it is amazing! I got this recipe out of the Pioneer Woman's new Cookbook it is called Drip Beef.  I made a few changes but I am telling you it makes your house smell so good.  Here it is.... make it asap! Enjoy!




Drip Beef
3-4 pounds chuck roast
 salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
2 cups beef broth
1 cup water
1 jar peperoncinis (located near the pickles)
10-12 buttered and toasted deli rolls
1 large onion
10- 12 slices of pepper jack cheese

In a hot skillet melt butter than place chuck roast in the skillet allowing it to sear on both sides.  Then place roast into warm crock pot.  Pour broth,water and the entire jar of peperoncinis juice and all in the crock pot.  Place lid on and turn to high for 6 hrs.  You can cook it for a little shorter if your chuck roast is smaller.  After 6 hours shred beef in pot or you can take the beef out and shred it but remember to return the beef to the pot.  When you are ready to eat slice onions and caramelize in a skillet.  When onions are ready so are you, assemble.  Bun, beef, onions, a few peperoncinis and a slice of pepper jack cheese. Then the MOST important part..... spoon some wonderful juice of the top of the meat,cheese,onions and peperoncinis and eat.

For my kids I left off the onions, cheese and peperoncinis.
For my husband I added more and more juice....
For me I just ate it and loved it.

Recipe adapted from the Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment