Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Warm and Yummy..White Chicken Chili from the Rachael Ray show!!

I have to say I really like chili.... I seen this recipe several years ago on the Rachael Ray show and tried it and loved it and so did my family.  My daughter Lily even ate it and she is picky.  I made this last night and it hot the spot, you should try it, it will warm you up and it is amazingly EASY!!

Mandi Forester’s White Chicken Chili

Ingredients

  • 1 32-ounce box chicken stock
  • 3 cans white beans, left undrained
  • 5 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie or boiled)
  • 1 16-ounce jar salsa
  • 1 8-ounce block pepper jack cheese, grated
  • 2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Black or white pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips (optional, if you like your chili thicker)
  • Sour cream, for garnish
Yields: 6 servings

Preparation

Place all ingredients except the corn chips in a crockpot. Cook on high until the cheese is melted.
Chili may also be cooked on the stovetop over medium-high heat until cheese is melted.
When the chili is ready, add the crushed corn chips, if using, and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Garnish with more chips, cheese and/or sour cream and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I tried this last night and it is wonderful! I cooked the chicken in the crockpot on high for 3.5 hrs and then used that liquid for the chicken stock! Thanks for another delicious, easy meal that everyone loved! I always appreciate your tips and ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked it!!! You are also my first comment.... love it thanks so much, I like the idea of cooking the chicken in the crock pot too... great tip!!!!

      Delete